This course is open to anyone who's interested in learning Thai Massage. Whether your already a health care practitioner or someone without any experience in the field, this course is for all levels! Upon completion, RMTs can perform Thai Massage within their scope of practice and so can many other healthcare practitioners. If your new to the field, you may apply for a Holistic Practitioner license after completing the program. This course is great for RMT students who wish to get a head start in their career and start practicing as a Thai Massage Practitioner prior to completing RMT school.
Traditional Thai Massage is a Buddhist form of physiotherapy created by the Buddhas Doctor 2500 years. It combines acupressure, reflexology and passive stretching in a rhythmic routine that resembles yoga like stretches thus, commonly referred to as Thai Yoga in the west.
Thai Massage Level I course:
In this course students learn how to successfully complete a 90 minute full body massage, transitioning clients through supine and seated positions. You learn the sen lines of the arms and legs, basic acupressure, reflexology of the feet and a variety of passive full body stretches.
• Learn how to give a 90 minute full body Thai Massage with the client in supine and seated position
• Transition the client through 50+ positions and postures seamlessly
• Learn to locate and treat the sen (energy) lines in the inner and outer legs and arms
• Use Thai massage techniques including rhythmic stretching, acupressure, sen (energy) line massage
• Effectively apply techniques with the hands, thumbs, knees and feet
• Learn how to massage the Hara (abdominal organs) using Thai massage techniques
Occupancies available for 4-8 participants per workshop.
Length per course is 32 hours, split into 8 classes.
Course study booklet will be provided.
Price: 700 + HST
Course Dates: 8 classes, May 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28 & 29 (Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
Time : 5pm-9pm
Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information before signing up :)